Thursday, July 12, 2012

I am tolerant....

Ok now people. Let's get something straight here.  I am truly sorry that you're sick. In fact, if you know me, you know I'll show up on your door step with homemade chicken noodle soup with egg noodles and fresh chicken slow cooked and ready to make you feel all better.  But do me a favor ok?

KEEP YOUR FUCKING GERMS TO YOURSELF.

So I'm at sea world.  A most disappointing day already in and of itself.  $80 to sit in blazing hot heat, metal bleachers  and a storm that postpones my already postpones original dolphin show I love to watch every now and then.  $80 to sit and wait.  With a 6 year old, mind you, who, by my own admission, I must say had remarkable restraint during the waiting period.  FINALLY the loud speakers come on and all hail the man from behind the loud noise "Thank you for joining us today!  Sit back and relax, your show will begin in five minuets".  ALRIGHT! So we hadn't waited in vain! I was going to see my beautiful dolphins fly through the air and delight us with spectacular wonder and amazement.  "Ladies and gentlemen.... due to the weather, this portion of the showcase has been canceled.  Please join us for our next show in two hours".  What the?!!


Ok, so I, my 6 year old, 60 year old father, 18 year old cousin and 10 year old niece had had enough waiting for one day.  Livid enough to erupt a volcano, we began our hike back to our car.  As we reached the gate, something snapped in my head.  I should ask for my money back.  What they hell did I spend that money for to just sit and sit and sit during not so much of a rain storm only to be told "fuck you, the show will not go on". 

I turn to my clan and tell them to keep on treckin', I'm going to the office and asking for my money back.  As I am walking, I hear this poor woman hacking away her lungs into the air.  I felt badly that she had such a cough!  Sadly for me, I didn't know where she was until ...

BAM!!! Right in my God Damn Face this woman coughs her lungs and juice up all over my face within striking distance. "Thank you!" I said, so very sarcastically. "You do know that I will be sick within three days time?!"  And you know what this bitch does? 

She LAUGHS!!! "I am so glad you find this oh so very funny, but I do not. I, unlike you, have a life that I would like to live in good health and not spread any of my germs to others.  Next time, do yourself a favor.... when you're around a whoooooole bunch of people, COVER YOUR FUCKING MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH!"

The woman was deadpan.  Had no idea what to say.  Stood there like a food with absolutely no expression on her face other than "uhhh... duh...... I don't know".  This, my friend, is what we have to deal with when braving the amusement parks.  Next time I go, I feel like wearing a surgical mask and writing on it, "keep your germs to yourself and cover your fucking mouth!" just to make a point.  Now I totally get why the people in China were wearing masks when SARS broken out a few years back.  Who wouldn't? 

In three days time, I was so sick, I could barely stand.  At work, I was walking into people and my graceful steps I usually take were replace with stumbling buffoonish acts of stupidity.  For the first time EVER, I asked to leave work. I literally was no use in the work environment AND I also do not believe in giving an illness to my co-workers... well, because I love them.  For the next few days, I was almost bedridden.  My son wouldn't come near me, my mother was disinfecting the entire house from top to bottom.

What I don't get is why people just do whatever the fuck they want in public and not give to shits about the people around them. Sure, they're not your kin and I wouldn't expect you to jump in front of a moving train for them, but for Christ's sake, at least take the common courtesy and do what is right in public. Cover your mouth, no spitting, cursing unbelievably loud around young children.  Obnoxious behavior that had my gut turning in circle deciding if I am going to kill you slowly or if I should make this one a slow and painful, most certainly obnoxious way to die.  Not really but you get what I mean. 

I know you know what I am talking about and I am sure you've had your share of the public yourself.  When you jam pack a park with a bunch of people from all over the world, this is how you spread disease!!  Duh! Does that take an astrophysicist to figure that out? No.  But if you'd like the world and the people in it to stop spreading harmful diseases, you can start by covering your mouth....

No comments: