Monday, November 8, 2010

Fuckin' A; Part Duex

Listen up Verizon peoples. Don't fuckin' lie to your customers. If you make a defective product, just own up to it and replace it. It would seem as if you have taught your fantastic employee's how to be deceptive and lie like criminals when they come to you for help. This is the second time I have gone into this Verizon store and been fucked up by a Verizon employee.

My one year anniversary came up with Verizon. When you're with Verizon, every year you can replace your phone with a new contract (or something like that). I wanted my Blackberry. I've been waiting a whole damn year for it and I was excited to finally have it. I had it for one week. Then, Saturday morning, I woke up to a completely fried Blackberry. I am serious. The phone was friggin' how as hell as if it had been lit on fire! I don't claim to know a lot about cell phones, but I know enough that a phone that heats up like that is not a good one. So I took the battery out, let it cool down and I went about my morning. When I put the battery back into the phone the phone was dead. I had to put aside all my things to do for Saturday, pack up my son and off we went on an adventure to the Verizon store.

So Frank was nice. He told me the battery was bad and so was the phone. He gave me a new phone, set me up with my email and all my apps, uploaded my phone numbers. I go home and turn the phone off to charge it. You know how irritating it is when you buy a new phone and it has maybe one bar of battery available to you so you have to charge it a bit before you can use it?

This is what I did. I went about my Saturday. Took my son out to get ready for Football Sunday, bought toys for the baby and the kids and had a nice dinner out together. Sunday morning rolls around and I have to get ready for the day. We're headed out for Football!! I go back to my phone (that has been next to my bed during the evening OFF the charger) and SHAZHAMMM!! Dead. No response. FUCKIN' A! REALLY? I was at the Verizon store before it even opened, waiting. Of course, I had others waiting with me, but I was there first. Waiting a good 20 minuets for the doors to open. I felt the older customers waiting with me were going to try and push me aside when the doors open, kinda like the mad dash when it's Black Friday so I just stood at the door, against it, until the manager opened the door and I was the first one in for Tech Support.

The woman who helped me was very good. Very kind. But she informed me that the notes on my account said that I was given a new battery NOT a new phone... giving me a new battery wasn't going to do anything because the problem was a defective PHONE. When this Verizon rep replaced a display model with my battery, the phone turned on. My phone was shot. I made sure this time, that she came out with a new box and charger for me. I gave her my old charger in case the charger was somehow defective too.

So I had to sit for another freaking hour as she switched all my stuff all over again. I wonder what Frank was doing to my phone when he said he was uploading all my phone numbers in the back office... was he stealing the new phone he said he was giving me? Whatever.

I hate liars. I hate being lied to. And what is in it for this Verizon rep to lie to me that he gave me a new phone when he didn't? The only thing I can think of is that he was fuckin' lazy and didn't feel like doing what he should have to help me.

In any event, now I have my second, possibly third, Blackberry on my belt. Lets hope this one stays alive.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck with it, I had mine for over a year and had no problem with it. I loved it. Today work, took my blackberry and traded it for a droid, incredible.
I am trying to get used to it. I miss my bb, so far.
Thanks for checking my blog, earlier today. I have read a few of your bits and have added you to my list of bloggers to follow.

Julie said...

I loved my bb...had it for over a year and today it was replaced (by my work) with a droid.

I miss my bb! It will work out, so hang in there.

Rachel Mae said...

So far, this current one is doing the job! I am happy with it so hopefully it keeps up the good work so I can keep up mine!

I have heard wonderful things about the DROID. Now I have to wait a year before I can upgrade to THAT!! LOL

Thanks for following me back, Jules and enjoy your stay here!! I love your blog!