Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fuckin' A.

About a year ago, I got a new Cell Phone. I dropped AT/T just because, IMO, they suck. I think there are worlds of people out there that would agree with me for their own reason's on that one. So I switched to the most "reliable network" on the planet... I've had hardly any connection issues but what I DO find absolutely irritating is the fact that, for an entire year and still counting, the guy "David" who held my phone number before me never told any of his friends, family or job that he changed numbers, is a dead-beat because I have lawyers calling me twice a DAY asking for him, and text messages that ask me when I'm coming downtown to grab my next fix! What the FUCK! And every time I tell these people, "David doesn't HAVE THIS NUMBER anymore" (as nicely as I can, even at this point) the calls do not stop. So I go to my most "reliable network" provider and tell them my problem. Not only when I signed up did the goofball, ass of a customer service representative give me a phone number that was too quickly turned over (you're suppose to wait a year or so to turn a number over so this doesn't happen) but he ended up putting me in the wrong plan. I asked for the unlimited plan. Unlimited Internet, text messaging, social networking because, well, I'm a Marketer and I need that. What I didn't need was the fucking $750 bill they handed to me when I went into the store and asked about my problem. No FUCKING way was I going to pay all that. So they arranged for me to have my account switched to the correct account but STILL charged me a plan upgrade fee of $150 to change it. I am fucking PISSED because I ASKED for the Unlimited plan, the guy fucks it up and I end up paying more money out of my pocket to fix their mistake? I'm sorry, but that just just doesn't sit well with me. And of course, I wasn't a happy camper and still am not. I still, to this day, get calls for this guy. Text messages telling me that his furniture is ready for pick up, asking him when he's coming into the city to meet with these people and I respond, nicely; "sorry Mate, not Dave". I really hate this part of my new phone. Next week I am upgrading to a new phone... but I can't change my number because it's attached to all my business cards! Mother Fu%$CKN' A!!! Even his pharmacy calls the number to confirm that his perscpritions are ready for pick up! Maybe one day, I'll go meet this "Dave" and ask him to fucking get his life straight so that I can live mine!!

2 comments:

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

YAY! It appears I have found my HOME!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
I can come here and read about you ranting and raving and I soooo agree with you!
Most of the cell phone companies are friggin awful!
Would love to be there if/when you ever get to meet "David" lol!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am now following yours!
BTW I LOVE "Hell's Kitchen", "Kitchen Nightmares", "Lie To Me", football, The Sopranos and of course cats lol.
Great to meet you!
Cat Chat http://opcatchat.blogspot.com

Rachel Mae said...

Hi Caren! Welcome! I am glad you enjoy my rants. Everybody needs a good one at least once a day! In my case, I tend to find ten or more reasons to just scream. And the thing is, I am nothing like I write here. I am actually a very quiet, shy, cat-loving hometown girl who has just had enough bull-shit in her life for nine-lives.
Hey, you know, *I* would love to be there if/when I ever "meet" "David". Seriously, I think his mom just tried calling me....
You hit on all my favorite TV shows right there. Can't get enough Chef Ramsay, "Lie to Me" is just fascinating, I wonder if I am a descendent of Tony Soprano's and my cats are my babies!! Oh, and life just gets better when it's football season!

I hope you stick around. I appreciate the shout out and the following, I know I'm following you too! Keep an eye out for guest bitching that may be in the future for me here. My motto is "everybody needs a good bitch every now and then".

<3 Rachel